Monday 23 June 2014

 Simon Says Monday Challenge "Ought to use this more"

I used to use this product a lot when I did a lot of Pen & ink, then being a faddy crafter, I deserted them and got a new fave product.

Compendium of Curiosities 3  page 39 Challenge

Page 39 of Tim's New book is WATERCOLOURING with a certain DISTRESS product and learns the reader a beyond the basics technique.  if you have no skills page 39 with give you some, go buy the book, you wont regret it.
This is how I use Distress products for watercolouring, have to say as usual I jumped straight in and didn't read the brief!

DISTRESS WATERCOLOURING using Distress Re-Inkers, forgot how good they were and I will be doing some more today in 8x8 size for my journal.  so check back soon


This is my offering   Luna Fantasy
A offering that hopefully demonstrates that Tim Holtz Distress products can go beyond rubber stamps and stand alone  just with the quality of the product itself.   
.  
 In the picture below you will see everything that I have used to create this scene, just one drip of each.  I have used many types of artist quality inks previously but I can say for translucent painting DISTESS RE-INKERS ARE THE BEST
 I have used Liquitex, AV and Windsor & Newton but none have produced the vibrancy that Distress do

 
  
This one went in the bin, at this point I discovered that my beloved FUDE BALL ROLLERBALL was not waterproof on Acrylic 300lbs paper!  Though it is on copier paper, manila cardstock. Strange.
A very simple pencil sketch 
 

Starting to build up colour layer by layer
 



Another angle of the finished picture mounted onto an 8x8 card base
HOPE YOU LIKE IT


 
 
 

6 comments:

Candy C said...

Hello! Your card is very pretty and such a neat piece of original art. But I am a bit confused with your blogging writeup. Did you use Tim's Distress Markers or Distress Inks? Or did you use the AV, Windsor & Newton and Liquitex inks to create this lovely card? Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

tocovya said...

Hiya, really wasn't sure if this was meeting the challenge format, please feel free to delete if it isn't, I wont be offended at all I appreciate it doesn't contain any stamping or embellishment
I have used 7 shades of Distress Re-inkers as watercolour paint

Jill x

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful original art. so stunning.
susan s

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Absolutely gorgeous piece of Art! To draw it, and color it like you have is fabulous! I agree too, that the reinkers make the best watercolorers! Love this even though there is no stamping and markers! Perhaps another challenge though.

Brenda Brown said...

Love your gorgeous piece of art, beautifully drawn and executed. Xx

Sandra said...

Beautiful! Love the process of how you've made it! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...