Saturday 12 July 2014

ALICE & THE CHESHIRE CAT TAG

Tag Along Weekly  "Alice"

Simon Says Monday Challenge "From Scratch"

Trimmiescraftchallenge "Inspired by a Book"

ALICE AND THE CHESHIRE CAT.
I tried to read these books when I was a child, I found them very frightening and never got past a couple of chapters before I gave up.  I always said whoever wrote these books was disturbed.  Just a few years ago I said this to my partner who told me the author had spent lots of time on mind altering drugs.

But I love the Alice imagery



This started out live as a Heide Swapp album/journal type thing that I was never going to use so I cut it up and saved the beige card for "something else"


It is sturdy card so I made a large tag17cm x 9cm. I really like how it came out.

I USED TO MAKE IT


Distress Re-inker Wild Honey    Weathered Wood   Mowed Lawn

Oil Pastels
Tissue Paper
Lavinia Stamps
Black Card
And that was it, not many supplies at all
She is entered in the above challenges, go take a look at all the eye candy on both sites
 

6 comments:

carol said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at CRAFT x carol

Kay Wallace said...

Love the colors you achieved with your oil pastels, Jill! There is a softness to this that, for me, is mesmerizing! While being a bit of a minimalist here, you have created something quite beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! love it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog! - Ashli :)

Mandy Chilvers said...

this is wonderful. i love Alice and this tag is great. Thanks for joining us on Tagalong. Also thank you so much for your positive comment on my blog!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is amazing! I enjoyed reading your witty post and I also enjoyed seeing this bright creation! I adore your use of color and how you blended all of them together so skillfully. I also liked how you cut this project up when you knew it wasn't going to work, yet still made it shine in another "venue." Gorgeous, gorgeous and I'm so glad that you shared this with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Belinda Basson said...

Love your cats from your WOYWW post further down. Thanks for visiting my desk. Yes, the coloured towers are indeed ink stacks. I built the mini shelves out of foam core. The inks are distress inks and I have coloured a strip of paper in each colour and glued it to the side with the name written on it so I can see them easily.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...