Tuesday 29 July 2014

What's on your workdesk 269

Click on the link above for some ingenious blog hopping, have a look around the world at what fellow crafters are doing this Wednesday morning.  its interesting!
I was very late in the week visiting for week 268 this was because of the heat and a miserable spell that lasted a few days!


On my desk today............Is a tag that was going to be entered in CC3C and Tag along but It has took me a long time to put it together.   I have kept staring at the middle thinking it needed something but I don't know what.   So there it has sat, looking at me.  That's pretty much it this week with papercrafting.
Bogey got finished
His little stablemate pal is still waiting for more white paint, but I am not in the mood for white at the moment.
 
Someone asked what I do with them, the horses.  Well I am at that stage as a Model painter when finishwork by me devalues a horse.  If I cant get back what the model cost me in the first place, I refuse to sell at a loss.  Picture below shows what happens then
 

you end up with a shelf full.... But I don't mind because I love them and it keeps me quiet and my mind occupied.
Enjoy your crafting and blogging and have a good week JillW xxx  I will be dropping round your place very soon.
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the model looks amazing. If it is just the finishing that you feel holds yo back is there a class you can take or something cheaper to practice on. I wonder? Just to get the technique down? In paper, I often test out things on a small ATC rather than a big art journal page or canvas. There must be some equivalent...broken and damaged plastic horses from the charity shop maybe? Just a thought - feel free to ignore me and my ignorance. *I* think he is looking fabulous so far...
:)

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Robyn Oliver said...

Happy WOYWW Jill, Love your tag and I think you're very talented with the horses...Cheers and have a great week RobynO#29

glitterandglue said...

Well done - all finished. The horse is beautiful.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #1

Julia Dunnit said...

I love the cabinet with the numbered cubbies! And I think the tag looks great as it is..anything in the middle will detract from the lovely face.
You are right not to sell your models at a loss, and keep doing what you enjoy!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The tag is gorgeous, lovely detail.
Hope you have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x #38

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You have a lovely selection of horse models there, something that you can justly be proud of! I can't see how you painting the models devalues them, you do such a great job!
Hugs, LLJ 2 xx

Ohhh Snap said...

WOW! Love Bogey, I'm not a model expert (nor an expert on models lol) but it looks stunning to me. I'm a spinster and people are always asking me what I do with my skeins, usually I just pet them lol. So I understand how you'd want to keep them : ). Your desk looks chock full of crafty goodness. Happy belated WOYWW!#37

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...